Saturday, June 30, 2007

Westerdam, lovely ship


The tiring experience happened again. Long and far away trip had to be done, after got vacation about 3 months from December’05 to March’06. But right now, it must be different. I got a vision that in this year, I’m being promoted to senior clerk! God had promise…

The same experience happened again. I got the same route when I was in Zuiderdam, Caribbean! I arrived in Florida about afternoon time, and over stayed one night before joining the ship.


I worked with nice bosses this time. They’re all about same ages, so we’d the same point of view about anything. We’re like brothers, hang out together in some port of calls, had lunch outside in Chinese restaurants, etc. We’re a good team, and had a wonderful working together. My first boss, a Jakartanese, was so good to me. In fact, he bought me a book to learn deeper about the excel I used to use to work, taught me a lot about my job responsibility and even often trade me he…he…thanks boss Ario, you made me fat ;) The second one Junaidi, was the craziest one. He is Jogjanese, same with me. So, we’re just like friend, the same language – Java and about the same age, but of course I still honored him as my boss.
 
The more wonderful experience was when Westerdam one of the vista ship class, went to Alaska route after the Caribbean. Wow, it was like the experience I got a year ago, and sometimes I could meet my 3rd brother again in Alaska. He went 2 weeks earlier before me to join in Veendam again just like a year ago. So, in Juneau we sometimes hang out together, just sight seeing or bought some thing. But too bad, he could not make it when I asked him to join me in a nature tour to see the whales, eagles, dolphins and seals.
 
In the tour, the guests and I, went to a certain small port to get a ferry to go to the whales habitats. It was very chilled, even hurt my skin and nose. It’s about below 8 degrees Celsius in that time. But likely, we got free unlimited hot chocolate and snacks to fight the weather. The sky was bright, clear and wonderful. We saw a group of whales, the mother and its kids…wonderful! It’s so close to our ferry! Sometimes, they crossed beneath us…wow! Too bad, my camera could not take them clearly - I need a better one, some day…:) Then, the ferry took us to the Eagles habitats. The Eagles were the only eagles which can live in Alaska, so they’re extinct. That’s why Alaska government so protective to their environment. We saw dolphins sometimes in the horizon. And the most wonderful was, we’re close to the seals’ habitats. They’re big, hugh and noisy! What a memorable experiences! I saw them live, not on the television! Wow…

Months after months, until January 2007…it almost ends of my contract…but God’s promise not revealed yet! God, did you forget about it? Please…You said, this year is my time and my 3rd brother to be promoted, but God…my contract almost over! I prayed many many times…I cried, I called home to ask a prayer…until I could not stand it anymore. I was frustrated…depressed! Then I gave up…God, was it really You when I heard I’m to be promoted this year? I surrender to You… Then I heard from my friends at Veendam that my 3rd brother already being promoted to be a Cabin Steward, thanks God…it was his dream. But, what about me Lord? My boss in some time, asked the Hotel Manager about it, but the answer was to wait…I didn’t tell anybody except my family about the God’s promise, even to my roommate.
 
Then suddenly, in the beginning of February the letters came. I was promoted to senior clerk! God, it really happened! I was sorry I’d ever have doubt about Your promise…You’re truly amazing God, You never cheat nor forget to Your promises! Even though I couldn’t see Your ways, but You’re still the almighty One! Thanks Lord! Hallelujah… Thanks boss Komang and Rene Tuinman Hotel Manager for all of your support!

Well, the Westerdam was truly wonderful experience I got. The nice persons who worked on it, friends who always cheer up in the stressing work load, the sadness because of the friend who got fired for his fault…the Indonesian Christmas choir which I could play piano to performed with the Christian fellowship, the promotion I got, it’s complete! Thanks God for everything you’ve done! No doubt, You are truly amazing God!

click the
http://fajar.slide.com to see my 2nd year experience in slide show.
I got a free ticket for two persons for that tour.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

copyright: My Adventures

Powered by Blogger