Monday, June 11, 2007

my stories

Well...I cannot recall all of my childhood like, but I'm sure it was so happy lives. Some that I can remember were, I was bad to the girls when I was in elementary school - so sorry girls I didn't mean it, it's just....I played a little hairy caterpillar and threw it to the them....but I was the one who got the itchiest skin...he...he...- what a bad boy! I was so active boy, wanted to know almost everything...may be that's why my mother put me in a lot of courses...English course, Math, swimming, traditional dancing, painting, silat - Indonesian martial art -, music etc...feuh! tiring lives right? I cannot imagine I lived those activities everyday in that time...could you?I understood that my mother, was a teacher, wanted all of her children to be prepared well for their own future. Thanks mom for all you've done, I really do appreciate it...and now you can see it through all of us!


I remember the first time I was introduced with a strange language that I'd never heard before. My mother asked her older brother, Pakdhe Sudarman, to teach all of her children about this language. Strange, the first time I knew this language, I felt in love and even said to myself...I want to go to the countries which use this language! English, I felt in love with you... I like your strange pronounciations, the spelling...God, please hear me. It was a child's dream! Then I took a formal English course in IEC (Intensive English Course) Solo until I passed my Junior High School.

I almost forgot about my child's dream after I failed to get International Relations faculty in UGM by UMPTN (special program to get into the college). Then I took accounting in AA YKPN Jogjakarta. First, I didn't know at all about it even I confused about the lessons...I asked myself again and again why I took this academy, in accounting faculty? I was from physics program in Senior High School SMUN 4 Solo. But I'd made decision already, so I had to take it regardless I like it or not. Fortunately, from this academy, I found out about who my savior is...I met a lot of Christians friends, and I joined the Christians Fellowship with them. KMK AA YKPN made me strong to face the world, a lot friends supported me to stand up again whenever I fell down. Thanks God, You'd put me in the right place...many thanks my dear friends...I missed you all! Thanks God, I was graduated with a good grade as well. After I graduated from AA YKPN, I continued to take the pre-graduation program in STIE YKPN. In about 1.5 years I finished the program.

Internal Auditor was my first job, it was in Solo, at Sun Motor Company. It's really good experience, but less money to get, so I resigned and joined the Cruise Liner course in Jogjakarta. I followed my 3rd and 4th brother who got the job overseas already. After finished, whilst I got a job training in Melia Purosani Hotel Jogjakarta in F&B department, I applied to an agency in Jakarta. Unfortunately, the agent didn't take a look my application accordingly because I had 2 difference experiences. It took time almost about 2 years until I was called. Frustrated because not being called by the agency and broke up from a long-term relationship with my girl, I quitted my Casual working contract in Melia Purosani Hotel, and got a job in accounting field again in Mandala Multifinance Jogjakarta. But God was so good, there's a vacancy in accounting department on the cruise line. So, I applied and a lot of miracles happened again.

Because of my mistaken, I came to the agent not in the right day of the test but God opened another way for me to be tested by a phone called. If I came in the right day, I may not pass the test...that's I know after I met another testee who got difficult questions. What an awesome God You are! Many-many miracles happened while I was trained in Cikarang after I passed the test. I got bad marked many times, but I passed the exams as well. Thanks God, You worked in Your ways. After about 5 weeks, I passed the training in Cikarang and flew to Florida to do my first overseas job - as a clerk.

Now, this would be my 3rd times to go abroad. My last 2 years were in Caribbean & Alaska with 3 ships, Zuiderdam, Veendam (I was transferred), and Westerdam. The places were so hot, nice to hangout and cool. The tropical climate, beautiful islands...sunny days, so adorable! Snowy peaks in Alaska, the freshly ocean, clean towns, the natures...whales, eagles...they're amazing places to see! Thanks God, You put me in these beautiful places You'd made.

I understand now, that a child's dream changes the future if we still keep it tight! Thanks uncle Sudarman, you acquainted me with English when I was a kid, and mom (again) for your toughness to us about learning...and learning....;)

Europe and Latin America...with God's will, you're the next I visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo, u were a student at AA YKPN?? hohoho... i have a lecturer who teachs the students at there. and he often spells AA YKPN as /eI eI weI keI pI en/ hahahahahahhhh=))

Trinity said...

Halah..halah... asik benerrrrr... jalan jalan teruuus... mau dong oleh2 fotonya..

Fajar Nugraha said...

@trinity:
thanks for the praised :) wanna join the popeye flock too? Gladly I'll present my picts to this blog soon, it still under construction. Meanwhile, please checkout my FS to see some of my picts...hope you enjoy them :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

copyright: My Adventures

Powered by Blogger