Tuesday, September 4, 2007

tips for medical checkup

At my previous article, I mentioned that I should be on the Rotterdam ship on July 17th, but my name was suddenly disappeared from the list. Thanks God a miracle happened, my friend asked me to replace him earlier than the schedule, September 22nd to Prinsendam. Since I got an expired medical checkup that I took in May (the health test must be on 45 days prior the joining the ship), so I have to do re-medical check up again in RS. Dharma Nugraha.


FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION


Q: What are the tests for re-medical check up?

A: For someone who has to do the re-medical checkup, the tests would be almost the same. In my case I have to do almost all of the tests, but for some cases i.e. failure for the cholesterol/blood test, you have to get in good condition first and retake the same test after some weeks. In addition to this information, since I have to re-medical checkup again in Dharma Nugraha, I only have to take physical tests, blood test, except the thorax, HIV, vaccine and teeth tests. In Dharma Nugraha no need to do the feces test. I heard, in Puri Medika, for the re-medical checkup like in my case it’s only the thorax test will be held.
-- updated (January '10): depends on the case or situation --

Q: Should I pay the re-medical checkup by myself or are they still free?

A: You must pay the tests by yourself. For the failure medical test, you must pay by yourself on the same test only. In my case, because of my expired medical checkup result, I have to pay around Rp 225.000,00 for all of the tests.

Q: Do you have some tips to avoid from failing the medical checkup?

A: Good question. Prepare yourself well to avoid or lessen the reexamination that cause of extra cost and delay result.


TIPS before doing the Medical Checkup:
  1. Avoid the alcoholic beverages and fatty food at least three days before the tests.
  2. Do not over consume coffee a day before and on the medical checkup day; do not drink any sodas nor supplement beverages, drink lots of mineral water.
  3. Do fasting from 22.00 to 08.00 for the blood tests to know diabetes, the acid level, kidney and liver function etc.
  4. Bring with you the previous medical checkup result, x-ray, the treadmill test, echocardiography (for repeater only) etc.
  5. Bring the health letter from Master or medical resume if you have ever sent home earlier because of the health condition (for repeater only).
  6. Tell the physician if you have a special condition such as high-pressure blood, heart disease, asthma, rheumatic etc. Be honest about the drugs you consume or allergic in something.
  7. If you wear glasses, bring also your extra glasses. All sailors with glasses are a must to have spare glasses.
  8. Have a good rest 6-8 hours prior the tests.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

copyright: My Adventures

Powered by Blogger